13.8.08

Tired.

This week has been harder for me than others. I think I've had several small disappointments that have added up to me feeling... well, disappointed. I've ended up by myself more than usual too. Sometimes that's nice, but when I'm already feeling kind of sad it's not good for me. The most disappointing thing at the moment is the fact that Rocio, our friend and most consistant attendant of our small group, just started school again and doesn't have time to come anymore. I don't doubt that we'll still see her every once in awhile, but I really liked seeing her at least once a week.

On the other hand, my reading sessions have been going really well. I might have a new student too, but I'm not so sure that he knows any English at all. If not, Sean has a class for beginners I can tell him about.

And I've really enjoyed reading the Bible lately. I'm doing my commentary/study on Colossians and it's so exciting to write out everything that's been in my head for the past several months. Reading Matthew and Daniel has reminded me that I still have a LOT to learn, but in an encouraging way.

Well I'm really tired - we enrolled for our Spanish classes today. Chutney and I are in different classes this time, which is maybe a good thing, but it will be weird. Anyway, I'm going to sleep now.

1 comment:

Joshua Tucker said...

Hey Brettin I didn't know you had a blog! I'll add it to my bookmarks. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I think you hit the nail on the head with what I was thinking. I think Jesus' revolution is counter-cultural so we have to be careful about how far we go with "becoming all things"... like not giving up the teachings and example of Jesus. The hardest thing for me is too fight my critical and judgmental nature. Instead I want to see that people are just different, maybe even misled, but I don't have to judge and I don't have to partake. I don't have to be a part of Church Inc. if I don't want to. But they're still my brothers. I have to be the change I want to see, which is so much harder than criticism. Anyway I appreciate you, and I'll be reading.